Last modified: April 26, 2019
Here are the key things We’d like to bring to your attention:
- Water Tree does not sell or share your personal medical data--information regarding your prescription drugs that are linked to your name, contact information, and other personal data you provide Us.
- In limited cases, Water Tree uses personal medical data, which is linked to your name and contact information, to fulfill a request you have made (for example, sending you a prescription discount card, etc.), and to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you.
- Typically, medical data is in reference to a prescription you’ve filled through Us: the drug class, name, dosage, form, and quantity. Unless you’ve given it to Us, We don’t have access to the rest of your medical history.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Most of the medical data that Water Tree collects from you is not linked to your name or contact information. The few instances where We collect medical data from you and it does link to your name or contact information include:
Information You Provide to Us on Our Site
Generally, Water Tree does not collect the name and contact information of visitors to Our Site. However, if you request to receive certain services (for example, sending you a prescription discount card, etc.), you will need to provide Us with some personal information so that We can fulfill this request. We will tell you what information is required and what information is optional. By providing your personal information, you agree to let Us use such personal information in order to provide your requested service and to reach out to you about programs We believe may be of interest to you. Here are some examples where you might provide Us with your personal information that could be linked to your medical information:
- In order to receive a prescription discount card and/or coupon via email or text, you will need to provide Us your email address or phone number where We can text you. We will use the information provided to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you.
- If you request a prescription discount card and/or coupon via mail, you must give Us your name and mailing address. We will use the information provided to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you.
- You automatically sign up for free Water Tree email updates when you request a Water Tree discount card and/or coupon be sent via email. You have the option to opt out of receiving these updates. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every email sent to you and will provide you with the ability to opt out of the free Water Tree email.
- If you don’t want to receive any form of direct contact from Us, whether it is email, information on discounts or promotional offers, or you want Us to remove all your information, all you have to do is contact Us.
Information You Provide to Our Marketing Partners
Sometimes We offer marketing materials from a third party. You can opt into receiving them by agreeing to provide Us with your name, contact information and, if you choose to, your medical information. We use this data to fulfill your request for Water Tree materials and as specified in these marketing campaigns. If you receive materials you don’t want from Us, please email Info@WatertreeHealth.com and We’ll remove your contact info from Our marketing lists.
Information You Provide to Your Health Care Professionals
Some health care professionals who use Water Tree may text or email you a discount card and/or coupon with your permission. In order to receive the discount card and/or coupon from your health care professional, you must provide your phone number or email address. By providing your health care professional with your phone number or email address, you are requesting to be contacted with prescription-related information, and you acknowledge that there may be some risk that the message could be read by a third party. We use this information to assist in sending you the discount card and/or coupon and to provide you with prescription savings opportunities.
Information You Provide in Communications with Us
When you contact us by email or other communications, you may provide Us with your name, contact information and, if you choose to provide it, your medical information. We use this information to respond to you and to try and fulfill your request.
Information from Cookies
If you request a Water Tree discount card and/or coupon, information collected by cookies can be associated with your Water Tree membership account information. (Read more about what information is collected by cookies below.) We use this information to provide you with better, faster service, particularly for recurring visits.
There are other places where Water Tree collects data that does not include your name and contact information, including the following. We, like many other websites on the internet, collect this data to remember information about you and your preferences. This way, We can provide you with better, faster service, particularly when you return to Our Site.
Information from Logs
When you access Water Tree Services, Our servers automatically record certain information. These logs include information such as the date and time you access Our Site, the browser you are using, and other common browser information. We will use this log information to help diagnose problems with Our server and to administer Our Site. Your log information also may be used to gather broad demographic information.
Information from Location
When you are using Water Tree with a browser or mobile device, you may enter a location or give Water Tree permission to access your location. Water Tree collects and stores that information.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through this Site, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your Internet browser automatically transmits to this Site some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
More Information about Cookies
- A "cookie" is standard internet technology used to store and track visitor information. It is a bit of information that a website sends to your web browser that helps the website remember information about you and your preferences.
- To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for "cookie" in the "Help" portion of your browser.
We may use remarketing with Google and other remarketing providers to advertise online. We may place cookies, tags, pixels, SDKs and other tracking technology on your computer or other devices, or otherwise collect your personal information to assist Google, Facebook, other third parties, or Water Tree to feed advertisements or to send direct mail campaigns to you based on your past visits to Water Tree and other websites; and We may also allow other third parties, including Google, to do so as well. However, We never provide advertisers or any other third parties any information that reveals a personal health condition or personal health information.
Advertising on Water Tree
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit Our Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
A website may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to this Site, and administer and improve the Site.
Information from "Internet Tags"
"Internet Tags" are also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs, and are smaller than cookies and tell the Site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the Site and on different pages of the Site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. "Navigational data"(log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Information
The Site relies upon data from Google Analytics Demographic and Interest reporting. This feature permits Water Tree to view demographic information as well as other information aggregated from visitors to the Site. This data does not include personally identifying information.
Information We Receive from Pharmacy Benefit Managers
Most prescriptions in the United States, including prescriptions filled through the use of discount cards and/or coupons or insurance cards, are administered by Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs). The purchases result in the pharmacy reporting patient data back to the PBM that provides the benefit. When you use a card and/or coupon provided by Water Tree, We receive information about the transaction from the corresponding PBM.
Water Tree does not sell or share personal health information with third parties. We also maintain security safeguards to protect private information .
When Do We Share Your Personal Information with A Third Party?
Water Tree rarely shares information with a third party that associates you personally with your specific medical information. When We do disclose your personal information in conjunction with your specific medical information, Water Tree ensures that these third parties are bound to comply with federal standards as to how to treat medical data that is linked with your name, contact information and other personal identifiers. Here are some examples of when We do share your personal contact information.
- We may share your name and address with others if you request a discount card and/or coupon to be mailed to the address you provided, and that information may only be shared with the third parties We use to fulfill discount card and/or coupon requests.
- We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of Our Site, sending email, fulfilling purchase requests, and serving, customizing or delivering marketing or ads. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to Us or on Our behalf. They do not have any independent right to use or disclose your information.
- We may share personal information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Water Tree may transfer its user database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock of Water Tree whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
How to Control Use of Your Personal Information
Water Tree will retain information We collect from you indefinitely. If you would like to delete the personal information you provided Us or otherwise limit the use of the personal information you provided Us, please contact Us at Info@WatertreeHealth.com. Keep in mind that there are cases where We are required by law to keep a copy of the data, such as to comply with CAN-SPAM (if you request that We do not email you, We need to keep a copy of your email on Our do-not-email list so that We can keep complying with your request).
Kids’ Personally Identifiable Information
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. It is Our assumption that Our Site is being used by adults or minors supervised by a parent or guardian. We are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
If a parent believes that his or her child has provided Us with personal information, he or she can contact Us via email or postal mail as listed below. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13.
We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to websites.
Other Things You Should You Know About Your Privacy
This Site takes reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it to Our Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from this Site may not be secure.
We work hard to protect Water Tree and Our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information We hold. We maintain industry standard security measures to protect sensitive data. Although We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and Our servers, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to Us over the Internet and We accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Violation of Law, Rule or Regulation
The terms elaborated herein will not apply in the event that you engage in certain improper conduct. Water Tree shall have the right to use or release to third parties personally identifiable information regarding users who use this Site for any fraudulent urpose or who engage in conduct which Water Tree deems improper.
Links to Other Websites
European Union Visitors
The Water Tree services are intended for use only by residents of the United States.
Contacting Water Tree
Water Tree Ventures, LLC
1 E Broward Blvd. Suite 300
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
855-739-3775 (available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm EST)
To Opt Out of Future Communications
If you do not want to receive further communication from Water Tree, please email Info@WatertreeHealth.com .